Provoke Camera for iPhone is a simple and straight forward photography app that aims at doing one single thing: allowing you to produce high quality black and white images with your iPhone. Provoke Camera has been developped by a japanese pationate photographer Toshihiko Tambo in collaboration with Glyn Evans, founder of the iPhoneography blog.
There are two ways you can use Provoke Camera for iPhone:
- You can use Provoke Camera when shooting photos with your iPhone to instantly get a black and white images without ever seeing any full color version of the photo you just took.
- Or editing a previously shot image which is on your iPhone’s camera roll.
What Provoke Camera for iPhone does is applying black and white filters which vary the contrast ratio and tonalities throughout the photos, converted in black and adds a little bit of blur and a glimpse of grain just to remind the analog camera style that Japanese photographers were shooting in the 1960’s.
Here is the list of the 9 filters that Provoke Camera for iPhone if you access to:
- HPAN High Contrast
- NPAN Normal
- LPAN Low Contrast
- X800 More High Contrast with more noise.
- I800 IR like filter.
- Z800 +2EV with more noise.
- D100 Darken with Blur (4Pixel)
- H100 High Contrast with Blur(4Pixel)
- E100 +1.5EV with Blur(4Pixel)